Thursday 20 September 2012

4 Simple Goals


If you've been following me for a while you'll know that I love to make lists.  I'm a firm believer that if you write something down you're more likely to get it done and making goals is important for me to give me focus on the things I want to accomplish.  I'm not so great however at setting a deadline (with the exception of my Birthday list), so when I saw that Elsie from 'A Beautiful Mess' was repeating her 4 simple goals challenge I thought "why not?" and decided to play along.  The rules are:


1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.

2. Do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!

3. Choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.

4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward- it's up to you.

5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!



 1. Frame Pictures - I have quite a few pictures that have been hidden away in cupboards, boxes and drawers for so long purely because I haven't got round to framing them.  It's such a shame and I need to do something about it.
2. Use my camera apps - I have a bit of an addiction to i-phone camera apps... there I admitted it, and now I have that off my chest I'm going to do something about it.  I'm going to make use of all the apps that lay dormant on my phone and add a bit of variety to my photos.
3. Meditate daily - this is something I have been trying out recently and I must admit I'm finding it really interesting.  I think there definitely is a benefit within meditation and I want to introduce it as a regular part of my daily life.
4. Showroom at least twice a month - there is an amazing independent cinema in Sheffield that me and Floyd are members of, but to get the best value for our membership we should go at least twice a month (which we haven't been doing - oops).  Now I've got more of a reason to change this poor attendance - and I'll get to see lots of good films along the way.

I haven't quite thought up what my rewards will be, but I'm sure I'll be able to think of something soon enough... If you are going to play along too I'd love to see what your goals are - leave a link to your blog below and maybe we can give each other encouragement.

Lois x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!